These mini, melt in your mouth canapés are as tasty to eat as they are fun to make. Feel free to get creative and add your own fillings! Your guests will be blown away.
2 x sheets shortcrust pastry
CHICKPEA, MINT YOGHURT AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO:
1/2 cup tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp pinch of ground coriander
1/2 tsp of ground cumin
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup vegan yoghurt
1/4 cup grated cucumber (with water squeezed out)
10 mint leaves (roughly chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
WILD RICE, ARTICHOKE AND TAPENADE:
1 cup pre-cooked wild rice
1/2 cup jarred artichokes
1/2 cup tapenade
OLIVES, ROASTED RED PEPPERS AND CASHEW CHEESE:
1/2 cup green olives (halved)
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
1/4 cup water
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Hummus and Baba Ganoush to serve
1. Spread the chickpeas out on a parchment lined baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, coriander and cumin and roast at 200C for 15mins.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl stir together the yoghurt, grated cucumber, mint, lemon juice and salt.
3. Make the cashew cream cheese. Put the cashews, water, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and nutritional yeast in a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
4. Lay 1 pastry sheet out on a greased silicone ice cube tray or silicone mini muffin tray. Using your fingers press the pastry into each hole. Place half a sun-dried tomato in each hole along one column. Top with the cucumber yoghurt and roasted chickpeas.
5. Place a spoonful of rice in each hole in the next column. Top with half an artichoke and a dollop of tapenade.
6. Place a piece of red pepper in the each hole in the third column. Top with a spoonful of cashew cheese and half a green olive.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry with water. Carefully place the second sheet of pastry on top of the whole tray and press down around the edges to make sure it’s stuck down. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Once chilled, place the tray upside down on a chopping board and carefully push out the filled pastry. Cut them up into squares and place them on a parchment-lined baking tray.
9. Bake in the oven at 180C for 30 mins. Serve with an assortment of hummus’s and baba ganoush to WOW your party guests.
Liked this recipe? Try more BOSH recipes with these books.
BISH BASH BOSH!: The Sunday Times bestseller, packed with all your vegan Christmas recipes
Simple recipes. Unbelievable results. All plants. The highest-selling vegan cookery book ever
BOSH! How to Live Vegan . It covers all aspects of vegan living, everything from food to toiletries to travel.