we’re making vegan cheddar chive biscuits with tofu sausage white gravy & greens for this episode.
here’s sort of how to make the cheddar chive biscuit with tofu sausage white gravy & greens recipe… all measurements are approximate.
CHEDDAR CHIVE BISCUITS:
approx. 1/4 C of left over vegan mac & cheese sauce
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
pinch of paprika & tumeric
3-4 tbsp vegan butter (cold)
finely chopped chives
1. Mix flour with baking powder and spices.
2. Add the chunks of butter and crumble it into the flour mixture with your hands.
3. Add the mac & cheese sauce and chives and fold together to combine. Do not over mix.
4. Bake for 10 mins in a pre-heated oven at 450F
TOFU SAUSAGE & WHITE GRAVY:
approx. 1/2 brick medium firm tofu
1/4 C finely chopped onion
2-3 tbsp of coconut oil for frying
a few pinches of spices like cumin, paprika, chipotle chilli, nutmeg, garam marsala
approx. 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
approx. 1/4 C almond milk
approx. 1/4 C vegan ranch dip
sea salt & pepper to taste
** instead of using the ranch dip you could just use a little more almond milk and add whatever seasonings you like – garlic, dill, oregano, parsley
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Crumble the tofu into small pieces into the pan and fry until crispy (approx. 12-15 mins).
3. Add onions and spices half way through cooking.
4. Once the mixture is darker and crispy, turn the heat to low and coat with all-purpose flour, then stir in almond milk and ranch dip until desired consistency is achieved.
take any dark leafy greens you like (kale, cabbage, chard) and sauté with onion, garlic, and nutmeg.
Cut the biscuit in half, place some greens on the bottom, and smother with gravy. Enjoy!