To purchase McCormick Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk check the Asian, ethnic food, or baking aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers nationwide. It is normal for coconut milk to separate in the can so just shake it or give it a good stir before using!
BREAKFAST: Coconut Chia Parfaits
Makes 4 servings
1 can (400ml) Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (you can also use the inside of a whole vanilla bean or vanilla extract)
1. Pour coconut milk into a bowl and mix with chia seeds and vanilla powder. Stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The chia seeds will expand and the mixture will be the consistency of pudding.
2. Create parfaits by layering coconut chia pudding with your choice of toppings. Coconut chia pudding will last 5 days in the fridge.
DINNER: Crispy Coconut Tofu Tacos with Avocado Crema
Makes 12 tacos
Crispy Coconut Tofu Ingredients:
1 brick (approximately 350 g) firm or medium firm tofu
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
Avocado Crema Ingredients:
1 1/2 ripe avocados
2/3 cup Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk
2 limes, juiced
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 a lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
24 corn tortillas
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
2. Cut tofu into cubes approximately 3/4”-1” in diameter.
3. Add all-purpose flour to one mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl combine bread crumbs with shredded coconut, garlic powder, chili powder, and sea salt. In another mixing bowl combine coconut milk with lime juice.
4. Coat tofu cubes in all-purpose flour. Then take a cube at a time and dredge through the coconut milk and lime juice mixture, then cover in the bread crumb mixture. Set pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 mins, flipping the pieces half way through to get all sides golden brown. While the tofu is baking prepare the slaw and avocado crema.
5. For the slaw, combine the slaw ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until serving tacos.
6. For the avocado crema, take the pit out of the avocados and scoop the flesh into a blender. Add the remaining avocado crema ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve tacos.
7. Assemble each taco on 2 tortillas. Add slaw, 4-5 cubes of crispy coconut tofu, and drizzle with avocado crema.
DESSERT: Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bites
1/2 cup whole raw walnuts
3 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup whole raw cashews – soaked for 3 hours in water
1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk
1 lime, zest & juice
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Pulse walnuts in a food processor until it’s a coarse meal. Then add pitted medjool dates, unsweetened shredded coconut, and sea salt and continue processing until it’s a fine meal. When you pinch the mixture it should stick together.
2. Cut strips of parchment paper approximately 1/4” wide and 4” long and place them in the cups of a mini muffin pan. Then press about 1 1/2 tbsp of crust mixture into each cup on top of the paper. Place the tray in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
3. Zest the lime and set it aside, as it will be used as the topping.
4. Drain the cashews from the soaking water and rinse them under fresh water. Let them drain and then add to a high-powered blender. Combine with the remaining filling ingredients until very smooth.
5. Pour the filling on top of the crusts to the edge of the mini muffin cups and sprinkle a little bit of lime zest on top.
6. Freeze for 2 hrs until mostly solid. If you leave them longer and they fully freeze in the pan you’ll need to let the pan thaw for a few minutes before you can lift them out. Gently lift the paper tabs to remove the cheesecakes from the cups. Store cheesecakes in the freezer between layers of parchment paper.